Thursday, December 6, 2012

On the way to Christmas-Day 4

The boys have started listening (kind of) to the stories we have been reading them for days which means lots of "Mom why is that dad crying?"
"He's happy"
"Yeah but why is he crying?"
"Because his son gave him such a wonderful gift! It made him so happy."
"But WHY is he crying?"
"Because-oh Never-mind."

Most of the messages are lost on my kids. Obviously they just cannot understand why anyone would get emotional about a gift.

On day four our craft was making snowflakes.
That day I was tired and looking for something somewhat easy. I folded the snowflakes and drew the pattern on them so the boys would know exactly where to cut.
This easy craft was not what I expected it to be. Both MD and Hyrum got upset because it was too hard for them to cut through the paper. I had to help out quite a bit and finally just apologized after I saw how frustrated they got. MD sweetly told me that he WAS having fun, it was just the paper was to hard for him to cut. Aww sorry Buddy. 
What they did enjoy was putting them on the windows. Afterwards they begged to go outside and look at the snowflakes and both kept trying to trick me into shutting them outside. 
They are pretty sneaky :)
MD starting to get frustrated.


MD wanted his up on the top of the door for all to see when they walked in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment