Tuesday, December 11, 2012

On the way to Christmas-Day 6

Letters to Santa!
The conversation I had with my boys:
"Today we are writing letters to Santa!"
Boys:"Why?"
"Because we need to write him a letter so he knows what you want for Christmas!"
Boys: "But Santa's  not real."
"Yes but you wanted to play Santa-This is how you play."
Boys: "Oh. OK. How does Santa get the letter?"
"We give it to one of his elf's who-"
Boys:"But elves aren't real either!"
"Boys do you want to play or not!!!"

They decided they did want to play and got REALLY excited when they started thinking about all the things they were going to ask Santa for.
(Kind of reminded me of Calvin and Hobbes when Calvin makes out his Christmas letter. Luckily my boys don't know what a flame thrower is :)
 Since I had to spell out most of what they wanted I kept the list pretty short.

Michael's says: 
Dear Santa
candy a lot
race car
airplane
Michael
 Hyrums:
Dear Santa
Rocket
Candy
Airplane
toybox
love Hyrum
And so far they will receive nothing they have asked for. except the candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment